Need some ideas for making sure your kids stay on track for starting school again in the fall? BOOKAWOCKY.org is a great tool to encourage your child to read!
Here are some tips for growing a reader:
- Read to children from the time they are born. It’s never too early to start!
- Set aside a special time to read, when you and your family are relaxed.
- Children enjoy setting the pace of reading time. Encourage them to turn pages.
- Many children like to hear the same story again and again. It comforts them and helps develop language skills.
- Visit the library often to choose books and enjoy programs together. Join Summer Reading at your neighborhood library!
Visit the links below for additional support with keeping your kids excited about reading and learning this Summer.
PBS – reading tips
PBS – encouraging reading and activity ideas
St. Paul Public Library – Keep Reading and Learning tips
Department of Education – Top 5 ways to prevent rusty summer readers